Cloud computing technology is starting to become omnipresent in most industries. Cost effectiveness, ease of use and setup, and the relative ease with which existing applications and products can be ported to the Cloud have made it a revolutionary technology concept of today’s technology landscape. In this post, we’ll cover the top content we’ve published on working with the Cloud. These are top-performing topics and have spawned numerous questions from readers. This content serves as a primer for anyone who wishes to understand the concept of Cloud to implement it and accrue real value from it.
Understanding Cloud Computing technology
These topics and titles help our readers understand cloud technologies and what they mean. In addition, they also touch upon other topics such as its benefits etc.
- A simplified guide to iPaaS Platforms. Large enterprises often have applications, services, and data that exist in different environments. These enterprises use integration platforms as a service or iPaaS to integrate applications that live on-premise and in public and private clouds.
- Adopting the Cloud: What is Your Migration Strategy? The key to successful migration to the cloud is having a business case, requirements, migration plan and an execution strategy in place.
- Why AWS is Key to Business Growth and Customer Experience. Cloud computing is helping businesses open new channels of communication with customers, gain insights into data trends, and create new products & services accurately customized to the targeted markets-all by leveraging the disruptive technology.
- The Right Approach to Security and Compliance in the Cloud. When assessing cloud security, organizations should look into key questions when choosing a cloud platform, such as where is the data? And who will have access to it? And the type of data, organizations are going to store on the cloud.
- Kubernetes vs. Serverless: Cost Efficiency, Benefits and Architectural Impact. In this webinar, Mux’s Matt Ward will talk about how the data and video platform’s engineering team approached these decisions as they considered their own technology and infrastructure decisions, and why they went all-in building their platform on Kubernetes.
- Hybrid cloud – Typical use cases and three trends for 2021. This post covers some of the advantages of a hybrid cloud, why it makes sense for businesses today, and some trends that we see in 2021.
- KubeCon Seattle 2018 – Key Takeaways. While this post may seem dated, it did uncover important aspects of Cloud technology that are still relevant today. Since its inception in 2016, KubeCon has become the definitive Kubernetes conference that many developers look forward to. The first KubeCon hosted in 2016 witnessed under 200 participants. Within just two years, the number of attendees at KubeCon 2018 rose to 8,000 demonstrating an intense interest in open source technology.
- IaC in SaaS World. The SaaS world often deals with the challenge of delivery of software to their end customers typically this delivery happens on dedicated infrastructure.
- 9 Technology IT Trends and Predictions for 2021. This ebook compiles nine insights based on the data from our survey combined with commentary from our leaders.
- Ep.6 – Tech Trends & Predictions 2021: Cloud. Tune into the first episode of this 3-part series where we gain the perspective of a CTO on cloud as one of the top technology trends in 2021.
Business imperatives of the Cloud
These topics cover the business aspects of the Cloud. These include content on how to grow adoption, the business benefit it accrues and the real results you can see by adding Cloud to your digital transformation roadmaps.
- Cloud Computing: Is not an option in it’s a Business Imperative. Facts about new technologies, especially about Cloud computing and other methodologies, that are in various stages of adoption by enterprises looking to modernize and overhaul their business operations.
- Taking more of your business to the cloud, don’t let bad cloud strategy get you down. Firms aligned with sound cloud strategy achieve the benefits of this disruptive adoption, optimize investment and deliver business results. Meanwhile, the ones who have not aligned risk being left behind and worst stare at a situation where a business is losing customers to competitors
- Cloud solutions enable to tackle the challenge of digital transformation disruption. Organizations need a solution that will not only help them keep a check on their spending when it comes to investing in technology but also can help them overcome the barriers of traditional IT infrastructure. Many organizations are now moving to cloud computing technology as it presents promising prospects.
- How Migrating to Cloud can Improve Business Results. Cloud has been changing the way enterprises do business and creating value by simplifying IT and lowering costs. Cloud what was once seen as a way to reduce capital and operating expenses, is now seen as a way to achieve business agility and speed to market.
- How to Overcome Cloud Adoption Challenges. Businesses need to research the issues and challenges involved, so that they can successfully strategize to win internal support and undertake the transition.
Examples of real world value
These case studies and client testimonials showcase the real world value and tangible benefits the cloud brings to your business.
- Cloud Native Applications help Intertek Alchemy accelerate feature releases. Intertek Alchemy works with Excellarate to build and migrate its applications to the cloud and accelerates feature release for its clients.
- Migration of Enterprise Social Platform to the Cloud. After redesigning the platform, and by providing ongoing engineering and technical support, Excellarate facilitated a successful migration.
- Portfolio Rebalancer Solution with AWS Full-Stack Development. To increase their market share and improve the viability of their products and offerings, a significant provider of services to registered investment advisors (RIA) engaged Excellarate to build their next-generation platform.
These posts are more action oriented and help readers with tackling specific areas of cloud implementations. These are some of our most popular and informative lists.
- A Practical Guide to AWS Glue. AWS Glue is a serverless ETL (Extract, transform, and load) service on the AWS cloud. It makes it easy for customers to prepare their data for analytics. In this article, we touch upon the basics of AWS Glue and other AWS services.
- Path to Saas Updates/Upgrades. Clients enjoy the updates to existing software as they are usually part of SaaS subscriptions contract. SaaS providers handle all the upgrades, but handling upgrades is not a cakewalk.
- Monitoring and Alerting for SaaS Deployments. Stong monitoring systems allow you to stay on top of your deployments to meet all service SLAs.
- Start Your Cloud Journey the Right Way by Partnering with a Cloud Expert. Even the most seasoned IT professionals, migrating legacy systems and infrastructure to a public or private cloud can be a daunting task.
- Using AWS and the Cloud to Make Your Developers More Effective. Serverless frameworks decouple software development from the underlying infrastructure that runs their code. It frees developers from worrying about how to run their code. Instead, they can now focus on code that serves their customers better and respond to market needs and changes faster. However, as with any “new shiny tech” not all popular use cases may be suitable for serverless platforms.
- ZipChat E16: Cloud Application Monitoring with Dynatrace. In this episode, Alois Reitbauer, VP, Chief Technology Strategist at Dynatrace joins us to share deeper insights on Cloud application monitoring challenges and specific use cases and benefits.
- ZipChat E9: Go Cloud-Native or Stay Vendor Agnostic. In this ZipChat, we are bringing together a group of panelists that have experience implementing one or the other approach.
- ZipChat E7: On-Demand: Going Serverless with AWS. Hear from an organization that has embraced Serverless technology and are well on their journey towards full adoption. You will hear about the reasons they selected serverless, the challenges they faced while adopting the serverless mindset, and how they overcome these challenges.
- On-Demand ZipChat E5: Is Service Mesh Ready for Primetime? Service mesh contains reusable components for network functions such as resiliency, service discovery, etc. While on paper, this sounds great since developers can now focus on the business logic; in reality, Service Mesh is still immature. It contains the same complexity of implementation and solves just a subset of the problems inherently associated with microservices.
- Ep.10 – Kubernetes Vs. Serverless – When To Use Which? In this episode, Vinayak Joglekar, CTO at Excellarate, is joined by Dipesh Rane, Solutions Architect at Excellarate to understand the nitty-gritty of the common debate – Kubernetes Vs. Serverless.