A recent survey from Gartner and Forecaster that the market for the low-code platform would remain robust in 2021. The results also predicted that the rise in virtual work spaces would reshape the importance of ‘agility’ in the future of work. In the post-pandemic market scenario, business agility will play an important role in sustaining business operations and achieving competitive advantage.
A massive shift in the adoption of low-code solutions in 2020 is a testament to the fact that businesses are looking for a more agile framework that they can quickly adapt to changing market conditions in order to meet customer expectations and gain a competitive edge. Today, a growing number of challenges in existing software development approach, including:
- The need for expert coders for the full development
- Custom coding that does not match the speed and agility that businesses require
- An increasing gap between IT and business teams that has made low-code platforms more critical than ever before
Conventional coding presents many challenges to rapidly improving development speed and providing resources needed to build business-critical apps. The low-code approach is an ideal solution to overcome challenges in conventional software development and deliver business agility to achieve a competitive edge.
Experts identify three primary outcomes of increased business agility:
- Quickly recognizing and acting on opportunities
- Competitive advantage
- Reduction in costs
The digital age we live in makes it difficult to accomplish business objectives without access to a full range of tools vital to meeting these goals. When employees have the right tools, they are able to streamline processes, enhance efficiency, minimize manual-intensive work, and speed up deliverables.
Yet, many organizations still struggle to understand how to fill the gap when it comes to equipping their teams with the tools they need. This challenge can be categorized by the following hurdles:
- Software teams are already overburdened with routine tasks and can’t meet the new demands of handling custom applications.
- It is too expensive to acquire advanced apps or hire experts to build the needed tools
- Modernization of legacy systems might offer needed relief, but is not as straight forward as expected
- Business users lack the expertise and resources to work on code-intensive apps required for routine workflows
- Productivity is often impacted even with the best of technology due to its complex nature
Fortunately, many organizations are turning to low-code when it comes to attempting to find a solution to all of the above challenges. That’s right—low-code covers workflow testing/prototyping facilities, building projects with point-and-click interfaces, and is aimed at all levels of your business requirements, from the product development to post-sale services.
Agility is achieved in low-code because it offers scalability and flexibility, something not possible with a conventional software development process. This agility enables organizations to build enterprise apps faster than thought possible for complex business problems.
The following reasons indicate why -low-code is the future of business agility:
- The need for speed: Business agility requires organizations to change conventional business processes or adopt new ones. A software development project with a conventional approach is slow when it comes to accelerating deliverables. On the other hand, low-code leverages prebuilt templates, boilerplate code, and many other useful “building blocks” without manual coding,shortening software development time.
- Investing in building apps and add-on functionality is the easy part. But creating fully-functional systems and deploying them cross-platform is where development can get tricky, especially without a proper plan in place. A low-code solution enables deployment across various platforms, including mobile, desktop, cloud.
- IT solutions should also address current soiled IT processes. If this is not the case, software teams will become frustrated. This is where a low-platform can help to address IT systems’ challenges, by integrating data across systems and creating a customized solution that’s right for each business.
Implementing low-code platforms can bring a lot of benefits to your business. However, implementation is not always as simple as ‘plug and play.’How do you know which solution will be the best fit with so many features and capabilities out there?Working with a partner can be the fastest way to get you on the right track and ensure your low-code solution delivering its full potential.
As an expert in low-code solutions, Prime will work with you to design a strategic road-map that will get your company moving in the right direction. With Prime’s in-depth knowledge of the entire low-code ecosystem and domain expertise, we will ensure your low-code solution is customized to suit your unique business requirements.